We reached out to Julie Harbour via Instagram, after viewing her beautiful and unique profile @_stylishparadox. A mom of SIX with a day job and a thriving fashion blog, Julie is an example of a woman who quite literally does it all. A “lover of good vibes and all things beautiful,” this #ElektraEmpress is embracing her 50’s with style and grace. We love her personal mission: “to encourage women of a certain age to continue to sparkle and show the world that you can still be “fly” and relevant.”
Thank you, Julie, for everything you do to encourage women to live well and for sharing your hormonal health journey with the Elektra Community. You are an inspiration!
- Name: Julie Harbour
- Location: Los Angeles
- Age: 54
- What’s your “day job”: Assistant to a Vice President of a Los Angeles Hospital
- What’s your superpower? Embracing the beauty of who I am, flaws and all while enjoying my continual evolution!
- Female figure (living or dead) you admire the most and why: Michelle Obama. I am in awe of her strength, intelligence, realness and her inner and outer beauty. She’s a woman from the South Side of Chicago who became the FLOTUS.
- What’s the one vice you just won’t give up (e.g. sugary snacks, etc)? Caffeine
- Hormonal health phase (pre-menopausal, perimenopausal, menopausal or post-menopause): Perimenopausal, on the cusp of menopause. Almost at my one year mark of having a non existent cycle.
- What’s been the most challenging part of your peri/menopausal journey? The hot flashes. And I’ll say it again…THE HOT FLASHES.
- What’s something you’ve learned or that has helped you? Exercise helps and having a fan with you at all times!
- What’s one positive aspect of this new phase of life? I think that I spend a lot less time worrying about what others think of me like I did when I was younger. Take me or leave me.
- What inspires you? Individuals living their lives unapologetically and giving back to their community.
Updated: Sep 25, 2019