Generally, you may browse the Site and/or our applications without providing any Personally Identifiable Information. However, we ask that you provide information at various times and locations through the Site.
In certain components of the Site, you may also provide certain medical information that may be protected under applicable laws. Elektra Health is neither a “covered entity” nor a “business associate” under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, Public Law 104-191, and its related regulations and amendments from time to time (collectively, “HIPAA”). It is important to remember that, while state-specific privacy laws may apply, HIPAA does not necessarily apply to an entity or person simply because there is health information involved, and HIPAA may not apply to your transactions or communications with Elektra Health.
Information you store on your Profile:
We collect information you provide when you sign up with Elektra Health, including your email address. We may also collect any optional information from time to time you may choose to provide (i.e. full name, address, phone number, etc.).
Why do we ask you for certain types of information?
Health conditions and appropriate actions often depend on your age group, geography, and gender. This data helps us to provide you with a personalized online health experience.
How do we use your information?
We will use your information only for the following purposes:
- to provide, improve and create new services by Elektra Health;
- to respond to your inquiries and to send you administrative communications about the Site;
- to detect and defend against fraud and other threats to the Site and our users, and
- to administer your account.
- to obtain your feedback about the Site and Elektra Health’s services,
- to send you electronic messages and emails, including news, announcements, reminders and opportunities from Elektra Health;
- to process, fulfill, support, and administer transactions and orders for products and services ordered by you;
to contact you in response to a request;
- to administer quizzes, surveys, and sweepstakes;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Site, or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters. If you wish to opt-out of receiving such communications, you may do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of these communications.
Our Site and/or Apps are not intended for children and adolescents under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to us through the Site. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from individuals under 18. If you are under 18, do not access, use, or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received Personally Identifiable Information from an individual under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under 18, please contact us.
A “cookie” is a data element that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your system. We use different kinds of cookies on the Site. They may help store user preferences and activity, and may allow a website to recognize a particular browser or device.
Third- Party Sites:
Our Site may contain links to other third-party sites. When you click on one of these links you are visiting a website operated by someone other than Elektra Health, and the operator of that website may have different privacy policies. Elektra Health is not responsible for the individual privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to investigate the privacy policies of these third-party operators.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Email us at [email protected]
Date last modified: March 3, 2019