Avoiding trigger foods (you ARE tracking them, right?) can significantly lessen hot flashes. Add these menopause-friendly recipes to your repertoire to ward off flashes and night sweats – and still enjoy a delicious dinner. (We’ve included snacks, too!)
Lentil Vegetable Soup – Ina Garten is an Elektra team favorite. If you’re vegetarian, substitute with vegetable stock. Need more protein? Add chicken or sausage! Keeps great and is a great lunch to take to work the next day.
- “One bowl dinners” are very popular in the Elektra team house. This Seasame Crusted Tofu recipe can be adapted to any protein (meat, grilled tuna, shrimp) so long as it is paired with a healthy base, e.g. whole grain, lentils, vegetables, etc. An alternate variation includes “Mexican bowl night”: brown rice and beans, topped with grass-fed ground beef, sliced avocado, and mix of shredded lettuce and kale, shredded cheese and kernels of grilled corn. Delish for the whole family!
- Quick and Easy Chickpea, Tofu and Spinach Curry – Looking for a simple, quick crowd-pleaser? Look no further!
- Slow-Roasted Salmon With Kale, Chickpeas & Fried Lemons – Cook up a fatty fish, with a side of green vegetables and lentils. Don’t love salmon, no problem! Swap out another fatty fish with this recipe, which never disappoints.
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus – A perfectly refreshing snack for the dog days of summer.
- Chickpea Nuts – Oh so snackable. And portable!